6.23.2011

:: i give myself permission ::

to be transparent
to try
to fail without apology
to not be the woman that can run marathons her entire pregnancy.
to look in the mirror without criticizing
to not need to explain or justify B&my parenting choices to others
to ignore negativity
to not feel guilty about being a SAHM
to take my time
to have ambitions and dreams
to choose my friends carefully
to believe it when my husband says i'm beautiful
to say what i think
to not be Louise Gluck
or Elisabeth Elliot
or Martha Stewart
to not feel embarrassed about who i am
to not have everything together
to not have a plan

to not be perfect.

{ He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

1 comment: