2.14.2011

lucky find

Over the weekend we found this crib (plus mattress) in the free seminary thriftstore! They sell at Target for $119, and what is crazy is I was actually thinking of registering for one! The one we found literally looks brand new--the mattress and everything (and don't worry, I double checked the model to make sure it wasn't a recalled crib). Its a portable crib, which means it can fold up when not in use, which is great for us, since we're in a one-bedroom apartment. It's so awesome how the Lord provides even the most basic things.

I like how simple it is too--I'd looked at more ornate designs, but felt more drawn to simple looking cribs. I am going to paint it yellow (with non-toxic paint) the next nice weekend we have--probably at the end of the month, since I don't want to freeze while I'm outside all day sanding and painting. I'm thinking it will only cost me about $20 to refinish it, and it will probably be a multi-weekend project--but I've got 7 months, so there's no rush!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! It'll be so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope so!! since i'm not going to be able to have a nursery, i really want to have a crib that i LOVE. i think it will be a lot of work, but worth it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is so awesome. I can't wait to see pictures of the finished project ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a free crib is a HUGE blessing. I can't wait to see what it looks like after you paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know!! i'm hoping i can find a few other expensive baby items like that in the thriftstore--baby things are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete