1.14.2011

M's Poppy Seed Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8oz sour cream
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 can mushrooms
Ritz Crackers

Directions:

as M gave them to me: boil 4 chicken breasts - let cool, tear apart. mix Cream of Chicken soup, Cream of Mushsroom soup, Sour cream, poppy seeds, and mushrooms. Mix with chicken pieces. Crush one sleeve Ritz crackers and put in the bottom of 9x13 dish. Put mixture in dish. Crush another sleeve of crackers and just cover the mixture. Spray crackers with butter-flavored Pam. Cook for 30 - 40 minutes at 350.

***

My mother in law isn't a huge fan of cooking but she makes a darn good poppy seed chicken casserole! I had some over Thanksgiving and was thinking about it all December, so I had to try it out for myself. Got to warn you, this recipe makes Way Too Much for two people--think 2 huge casserole pans full!--so I half the recipe when I'm just making it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment