11.17.2010

teacup candles + aprons

I like making stuff for people.
I am not very good at keeping it a secret.
Usually I will say (to each person)
"Hey, I think I will make you this thing for Christmas, would you want it?"
and if they say yes,
I make it.
Here are my handmade Christmas gifts so far:

Aprons (for most)
 I've made about 6 pocket-style aprons. You can't tell from the picture, but there are two big pockets on either side of the buttons, for putting kitchen utensils and things when you are in a cooking Frenzy!
 This mini-apron (about 1/3rd the size of a normal apron) is for Jenn's little girl Ari

 This is the other-style apron I made, no pockets, but cute little hearts instead!
Another pocket apron! I like this one best I think, since grey and yellow are such pretty colors together.


Teacup Candles (for a few who I don't think would want aprons)




Missy and I tackled the teacup candles last night after aerobics. They're not too hard to make, and now, after the first few we made, we know what we want to do with the next batch (i.e. use real food coloring rather than cocoa powder as food coloring...). We still haven't decided if they would be better With their saucers or without--we do have saucers for them, but they take up more room that way.

6 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, your aprons are so cute!!! You are awesomely crafty. If I lived in Louisville, I would have crafting nights with you so we could be awesome! I think handmade gifts are soooo much better than store-bought...way to go Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! i had a lot of fun making them, now that i know how to use my sewing machine! sewing on a machine really isn't too hard once you get the hang of it (its threading it that took me the longest time to figure out lol), i can teach you sometime if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be too intimidated to figure out a sewing machine...the threading freaked me out as well...if I ever get time to sew again, maybe I'll take you up on the free sewing-machine lesson though =) I gave away my sewing machine because it sat in my attic for a year, unused! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely envious of your crafting abilities. I love the aprons and the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! it was a lot of trial-and-error!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining me over at Happy Homemaker and Momma!! I love the heart apron!!! I am love hearts!!! Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete