4.11.2012

recent publications

naturally, on the heels of my post about rejection, I have a few acceptances to report: 

Prick of the Spindle accepted my poem "A Pleading Sound" for their next issue

~

Other bits of news....


there's going to be a protest at my school next week. should be interesting. There's apparently been a lot of talk about it in the local paper for some time now, but I had no idea until my boss came in to check on me to make sure I wasn't freaked out about it, being a new hire and all. I guess that means I should be a grown up and start reading news other than poetry news....

and I've been asked to teach an independent study on creative writing this summer! Though I am, of course, looking forward to my summer time off, I think a creative writing independent study will be fun as well, since a lot of it can be done from home or over a starbucks get-together. and I could even bring baby along. one thing I have told my victim student--prepare to read.read.read and write.write.write!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all of the acceptances! What are they protesting Shorter about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the statement of faith--there's been a ton of drama about it. we've been in the news here a lot--the worst of it was in november, right when i was getting hired--and here's a recent article, if you're interested: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/236301/3/Survey-reignites-debate-over-Shorter-University-lifestyle-statements-for-faculty

      Delete