12.01.2010

30poems in 30days

Heather and I have now completed the 30poems in 30days challenge!

It was a great (& very challenging) experience but has left me somewhat exhausted, so I'm giving myself a little break, just writing when the muse strikes, in December. I want to focus on editing what I've written, revising my newest chapbook manuscript, and revising my full-length manuscript.

Then, in January, I plan to get back on my poem-a-week schedule and start sending out my poems to literary magazines and manuscripts to presses.

I admit, I feel a little antsy taking a month off--I'm eager to send out my new work to presses and I always feel a little uneasy when I'm not sticking to my poetry writing schedule--but I think the month off will be good for me.

The poems will be better after having let them sit a month and my writing will be better if I give myself a month to recuperate.

So now for the editing...

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Same for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just discovered your blog through {tig}. I attempted NaNoWriMo last month and didn't quite make it... though I got very close!

    Lovely to see a fellow writer. Would love it if you popped by my blog sometime, and perhaps we could even follow one another.

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete