9.28.2010

this.and.that.


Outside my window....autumncolored trees, fading grass, cool crisp delicious fall. we've not had rain for a month now and the ground looks hungry for it.

I am thinking...about possibilities and the future and all the happy crazy things in life.

I am thankful for…my wonderful husband, my wonderful friends and family, this season of rest&preparation for the ministry, my job that allows so much writing time, & the beautiful changing seasons. I'm especially thankful for all the good news and happy things that are happening in my friends and family's lives right now--for months it seemed that I heard so much sad news, and my heart was so broken...

From the kitchen...on the menu this week: herb & mozzarella salmon patties, crock-pot chili, lemon-pepper tilapia, chicken n dumplins...

I am wearing...gray slacks, silver flats, a yellow blouse, blue cardigan, a leopard print headband...

I am creating...new poems, a new chapbook, fabric jewelry for Missy & my booth at the Frankfort craft fair, flutter scarves, aprons...the project list is ever-growing

I am going...to aerobics after work, then home to relax with Bryan for the rest of the evening

I am reading...literary magazines I'm reviewing for newpages, Anne Bronte's The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Elisabeth Elliot's Through Gates of Splendor, Cate Marvin's The World's Tallest Disaster, and the Psalms. I'm working on reading through the Bible again--so far I've finished Proverbs and I'm nearly finished with Psalms. I think I will read I & II Timothy next.


I am hoping...all things...for opportunities, changes, blessings..

I am hearing...students in the hall, the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard


Around the house...books, books, books, in piles on every available surface--mostly Bryan's, since he is in the middle of a mid-terms week--but some mine. sheet music here and there. Otherwise, a rather orderly little nest. 


A few plans for the rest of the week...Aerobics tonight and Thursday, running Wednesday, Friday & Saturday, Pilates on Sunday. The Highview marriage conference on Friday--the four year anniversary of Bryan asking me to marry him! Breakfast at Toast with Missy&Tom on Saturday, then the St. James art fair that afternoon, with Missy. Sunday: church&church, housecleaning, & (I'm hoping) my weekly afternoon nap

No comments:

Post a Comment